Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

I have a leaky, broken toilet to start the year off! Yippee.

Yep, went to go potty yesterday and stepped on the little rug thingy there in front of the commode and it was soaking wet. I naturally assumed that one of our myriad animals had something to do with it and started cursing the closest cat, but then I realized that the entire carpet thingy, as well as the surrounding floor, was wet.

If it's not one thing it's another.

Dad and Donald have determined that it's a leaky seal and will tackle the problem tomorrow. Dad doesn't think it's a big deal, but Donald is afraid that there's going to be rotten subflooring involved and that it's going to be a very big deal and we should either wait and do it when we can "do it right" or hire someone.

Talk about a role reversal!

Usually it's my father who sees Armageddon in the smallest problem and Donald who is laissez-faire almost to a fault, but not this time. This time they decided to swap personalities. It's probably a conspiracy to drive me crazy.

No, seriously, I'm guessing that most likely Donald is right this time, that it will be a big deal (the floor is all spongy and swollen and mushy), but no matter it has to be fixed and fixed now so we may as well get started because that's the only way it'll ever get done period and I don't really want to pay someone to do something we can do ourselves.

So there.

I didn't have enough problems with all this holiday stress and house buying stress and Grandma moving in stress. Nooooooo, the !#$%ed toilet had to go and leak and rot the floor and stuff. Stupid toilet.

Anyway. . .

I did manage to get all the xmas decorations put away yesterday and the house all cleaned and straightened and stuff (Roomba ROCKS!) and I did take a shower and got some of my work-work stuff done. What I didn't do was go running. But in my defense, my Dad did cut into a fair chunk of time when he came over to look at the toilet, so it really wasn't my fault that I didn't get to going yesterday. And I made up for it today: Donald and I went for an hour long walk around Wendell.

We followed the railroad tracks west out of town for awhile. Until we got to the back of Carver Elementary, actually. It was a very nice walk. I had no idea all that farm land and stuff was over there. Lived here for, what, a long time if you count that Billy and I lived in Wendell when William was a baby and today I discovered something new in town. Great stuff.

I'll miss Wendell.

But I'll get over it.

And it's not like I won't have plenty of reason to come to town, what with the store being downtown and all. . .

Oh, let's not go there now. Let's stick to happy thoughts. . .

Hey, I bought a computer program at Office Max today. It's called FloorPlan 3D. I haven't played with it yet but supposedly you can virtually decorate your house so you can get a plan in place before you go buy furniture.

I had something like this once that was for landscaping and I was sorely disappointed in it but maybe this one will be different.

Mmmmm, Donald is cooking stuffed filet thingys and they smell soooo good.

I think I'll go steal some. . .