Saturday, July 15, 2006

It's G-Day

The day scheduled as the end of the Grandma Project. The end of the occupation.

I'm excited!

Last Saturday we (Dad, William, Liz, and I) moved (way too much of) her furniture over to Robinwood. This Saturday we move her bedroom stuff from my house. Tonight she spends her first night at Robinwood, and we spend our first night alone as a nuclear family again. Can I get a "WoooHooo!"?!

I say that this is the end of the Grandma Project, but really it isn't. It's just a new chapter in the saga. Sure, no longer will I have to deal with the blaring TV, the twice a day game of Twenty Questions (coming and going), the continued scuffing of my brand new furniture from her rolly walker thingy, etc. Nope, now I'll have to deal with constant demands to come and see her, phone calls complaining about how lonely she is, and numerous, frequent trips to Wendell to visit, take her things, help her shop, etc.

Oh well, Liz is here to start moving.

Oh boy!

Let's get this thing started!