Sunday, March 19, 2006

I have a bedroom!

I do, I do, I do have a bedroom! It was there the whole time, underneath a buncha boxes!

So that's how I have spent my entire Sunday--unpacking the bedroom. And I'm happy to report that it's all done. Well, mostly all done. I haven't put much on the walls and a lot of my knickknack stuff is still packed up someplace. But I'll get to that. The important thing is that the furniture is where I want it and there's not one cardboard box left in the whole room.

Next week it's the dining room.

Then I'll finish the bonus room.

And then I'll be done!!!!

Woohoo!

I like my room. It's big and airy and comfy feeling. And I have a bathroom and my big ol' closet right here. Not a lot of reason to go anywhere else in the house, really. (Except to the kitchen, where we keep the food and the wine.)

I have currently holed myself up in here and I should be finishing up my homework but there's only so much "foreign currency concepts and transactions" I can handle, so I have taken a break to post a little something here.

Grandma has been OK today. She's watched A LOT of TV, but, well, what else can she do? She needs some hobbies. All she ever does is eat, sleep, use the bathroom and watch TV. I'd be so miserable if that's all I ever did. She did mention today that she wants to start getting out more, but where? Except going to the senior center and once a week getting her hair set, there's not a lot left for her to do. I guess we could up her senior center days to more than just Mondays and Fridays. Of course, doing that would mean that she'd have to get up and get ready to go fairly early in the day and she probably wouldn't want to do that.

I try to think about what I want to do/be like when I get to be her age. . .

I'll have a lot of friends. And I'll have many interests, such as quilting and knitting and poker playing, to keep me busy. And when I'm not off traveling the world or winning big in poker matches, I'll be surrounded by happy, sticky, darling little grandchildren. I'll also tend to several lush, flowering gardens around the yard. And I'll read lots and lots of books. I might not even own a TV set.

That's how I hope my life will be when I'm in my 70s.

Or at least something close.

Whatever it is, it will NOT be like my grandmother's.

I hope.

I'll see to it.

I just wish that Donald could be with me then. That's the only sad part.

I just won't think about that right now. I can't. It's too depressing.

Speaking of Donald, here he is. What does he want? He smells like garlic. And onions. What nice smells! I can't believe someone hasn't marketed those two scents together in a home spray or cologne or something.

He says dinner is ready soon. I guess that means that I should go contribute somehow. Or at least go pick at whatever is ready and smelling so good in there.