Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Grandma Cometh

Yep, this Saturday is G-day. I can feel the dark clouds of gloom forming on the horizon. It's the end of my world as I know it.

I'm stressing.

The plan is to have her brother come pick her up Saturday a.m. and get her out of the way. I've rented a U-Haul and will pick it up at 8 a.m. Dad, Liz, Carol, Alex, and I will descend upon the house and move all of her bedroom furniture, leaving the rest to be dealt with later. She will spend the night with Uncle C.L. and go to church the next day and then. . .she's there.

Whew.

I know I have had a long time to prepare, but I'm still not prepared.

But. . .she is 5th now on the RobinHood/Wood/whatever list so this is a good time because it'll give her a few months with us for each of us to determine if accepting the position there isn't a better idea.

And she has been working on her "pleases," although she has a long way to go before she fully mannerly of her own volition.

Way too much going on to write much now. Just anyone keeping up with this, wish me luck. LOTS of luck. I'm gonna need it.

Will report back on Sunday. . .