Saturday, February 18, 2006

*Whew*

Wow, it's been awhile since I last posted.

The reason for that is because I've been BUSY! As a little bee. As a whole hive of little bees!

We're in.

All of our stuff is here and some of it is actually unpacked and where it's supposed to be. We still have a lot to do, but it's coming along nicely. Mainly what's left is the living room and the master bedroom. I bought some new tables for the living room at Whitley Gallery and am still waiting for them to come in before I work on the living room any more. And as far as the master bedroom, I'm doing a little there each night. Of course that's where all the junk has been put that doesn't really have a place yet, so there's a lot to go through and make decisions about.

Yeah, and if I haven't been busy enough with unpacking, working, school, ferrying the kids around, etc. I've decided to host Donald's birthday party at our house this evening. I will have twelve people tonight in my everything-still-mainly-in-boxes home. Yeah, I know, I'm a lunatic. A masochist. But I don't really think it will be that bad or that stressful. The menu is fairly simple: standing rib roast, green beans and almonds, and smashed cauliflower. The standing rib roast is cooking already and the side dishes won't take long at all. For dessert we're having panna cotta, which was made last night.

Part of the reason I wanted to do it here, though, is because I wanted to see how this house handles having all those people in it. If current conditions are any indication, I think it's going to be wonderful. There are, at this moment, five other people in the house and I can't hear or see any of them. William and his friend are in his room. Alex, Elizabeth and Carly are in the bonus room watching a movie. I'm sitting in my rocking chair, beside a cozy fire, quietly updating my blog. It's wonderful having that much space in a house! You know your family is close by and safe but they're not right underneath you annoying the !@#$ out of you. Life is good. :-)