Friday, January 06, 2006

So We're Buying a House

It's official.

The sellers didn't want to fix the inspection issues themselves, so they said they give a $1100 credit at closing instead. I countered with a $1500 credit and they accepted. I should have gone for $2000. . .

C'est la guerre.

Anyway, so we're buying a house!

I can't wait!

As much as I love my little 1940s bungalow here in the middle of Wendell, I'm so looking forward to: More space! A dish washer! A laundry room (instead of the washer and dryer in the kitchen)! Three, count 'em, THREE bathrooms! And a garage! A real live drive-your-car-into-it garage!

I'm excited, if you couldn't tell.

I have two moving companies scheduled to come out on Tuesday to give us an estimate for packing and moving.

And now I gotta go decide on paint colors and furniture for the living room. No more just speculating, I get to GO SHOPPING! WoooHooo!

So Dad was on the phone with Grandma when I called to tell him the good news, so I had him call me on three-way so I could tell her at the same time. What do you think she had to say? Go ahead, guess. It's multiple choice.

Did she say, "That's great news! I'm so happy for you"?

Did she say, "Congratulations!"?

Or did she say, "I want you to move me in just as soon as you can. I don't want to stay in Wendell if you aren't in Wendell so you get me out of here just as soon as possible"?

Gee, wonder which it was?

Dad jumped her case for being self-centered, but she just got aggravated with him that he was yet again "finding fault."

But hey, we found out that she is now number SEVEN on the Robin Wood list, which is really perfect timing. At the rate the numbers change at that place we'll have a good three months together before they offer her a spot. That'll be plenty of time for all of us to decide which is the best way to go. It may very well turn out that she'd rather be in Robin Wood.

Either way, I'm moving and I can't wait!